Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sitting up on blocks

Yesterday we hiked some of the trails along the Suwannee River. Yes, you read it right, I hiked! Well, my version of it... a slow walk with many stops, but I finished the trail and I am proud! I had a full length abdominal aortic aneurism and had a marvelous stint put in, but in the process both femoral arteries (entry points for the implants) became clogged with scar tissue and, combined with disc disease, it is quite painful to walk. But walk I must and will. My heart needs it on many levels.

We left this morning with a destination in mind. The Seminole RV Repair Shop in Tallahassee was the only RV repair coming up in our online searches. The break pedal still goes further down than we like, but the rig seems to slow and stop well. Driving on a wing and a prayer, many prayers, really, we made it to Brad's shop.

To reduce stress on the brakes, I followed the rig in the Little Green Toad


We needed the flexible part of our brake lines replaced and one caliper was shot while the other had been installed upside down. Brake pads, too, were needing replacement, so we were going to spend some time in this shop. Our friendly host allowed us to stay in the coach during the repairs.

About that time I managed to download all the pictures from my camera which had begun acting wonky... and somehow in the process, I lost a boat load of photos... good ones, too. Now, my camera is making lines in the pictures. I think our mechanical things are conspiring against us.

On a more serious note, we are so very thankful that we made it into a shop and that somehow we had enough money to pay our way back out again. My goodness, RV stuff and repairs are pricey. Have I said that before? Yeah, well, it's getting more true all the time!

1 comment:

  1. Iona, there is a little freebie program called "recuva" that you can use to find photos that were "deleted" on an SD card ... Even if your camera or computer shows them as "deleted" and not on there, they still are if you haven't rewritten over the whole SD card with new photos!

    Google it and download it as it's free... and go step by step. It sure helped me when I accidentally deleted some of our daughter's wedding pics.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete